Age: 11 years
Sex: Female
School: Grade IV
EXPENSES PER YEAR
Tuition fee: $24
School Uniform: $37
Transport: $62
Upkeep: $177
See her beautiful smile but for her life is tough. She wishes she could be able to keep that smile throughout the day. She has narrated to me how much she and her sister Latifa have been suffering. They collect plastic bottles and sell them in order to get some money to buy food. Her both parents died of AIDS and she is left to the care of her 75 years old grandma who is in need help too. The first time I went to visit them the roof of their house was leaking terrible and I could not help but to go to my pocket and produce the few coins I had with me for buying new roofing material to protect these poor children and their aged grandma.
Fortunately Salima is HIV negative. She is currently in the 4Th Grade. She hopes that she will be able to pursue her education and become a social worker in order to help so many suffering kids in her village


No comments:
Post a Comment